Swells up to 700% when in contact with water and will return to its original size if the concrete and substrate become dry.
If water or moisture is introduced again, the waterstop will re-expand to seal the potential leaking joint.
- Immediate protection against water pressure – does not need to swell to be effective as is the case with hydrophilic waterbars
- Extremely high bond between the granular coating and the surrounding concrete ensuring that water cannot pass even where the concrete has slightly shrunk during curing
- No kicker or rebate required, reducing site labour costs
- 100% waterproof up to 5 bar of water pressure
- Preformed corner parts for quick site installation
- More durable than conventional waterbars – not easily damaged or moved by the placing or compacting of concrete
- Can be installed in any weather and at any temperature